Saturday, September 4, 2010

Strange but interesting LEGO

It's not really a LEGO piece. It is a storage "case" like the containers that Bionicles come in. But I liked it as soon as I saw it. I was searching for other parts - yes - looking for parts from the "Egyptian" theme = see my earlier blog.

The Egyptian sets were called "Desert" in the "Adventurers" series. This gold case came from set number 5919 which was "The Valley of the Kings" from 1998. This (see picture below) is the set that was in the gold mummy case.
There are some pieces with really nice LEGO heiroglyphics (Egyptian picture writing) - printed and stickers - that came in this "Desert" series. I don't have any at Camberwell Sunday Market at the moment, but I hope to build up some over the next few months.


I would really like to trade some sets, parts or minifigures from the "Desert" series if anyone wants to trade or sell some to me.


I think I especially like this series because there are lots of skeletons, and anyone who has been to the Sunday Market stall will have seen a few skeletons on my tables! Black skeletons, white skeletons. Also black and white skeletal horses. It's also be good to put shields and weapons in the hands of the skeletons that have the stiff (not floppy) arms. Also helmets, armour and lots of the other LEGO minifig accessories go well with skeletons. Have a try down at Camberwell if you come down to see me on a Sunday morning before 12:30.